||Transaction Support & Integration
Merger and acquisition activity continues to be a key growth strategy for private companies. In fact, PriceWaterhouse Coopers 10th Annual CEO Survey notes that 70 percent of CEOs of private companies expect to acquire all or part of another company in the next 10 years.
SolomonEdwardsGroup’s Transaction Support and Integration services support merger and acquisition, divestiture, spin-off, carve-out, and turnaround activities. Our cross-functional teams deliver valuable business acumen and hands-on technical expertise to your critical transactions.
- Due diligence
- Purchase accounting
- Carve-out support
- SEC and US GAAP technical consultations
- Valuation support
- System, process, and control integration
- Tax planning and advice
Note: SEG does not currently offer deal sourcing or valuation options but can refer to alliance partners
Benefits to You:
- Tightly coordinated, multi-disciplinary approach which provides synergy between pre- and post-deal activities
- Clear integration between deal structure, legal entity affect, impact to business, and financial disclosures
- Confirmation of the value propositions and/or purchase price
- Confirmation of assumptions and facts upon which the transaction is based
- Identification and quantification of potential risks
- Identification of items to be addressed by representatives and warranties
- Assistance of key valuation assumptions
- Awareness of unrecognized liabilities
- Identification of internal controls or lack thereof
- Structure and support for the creation of the opening balance sheet
- Ability to scale with work load
Meet Talent | Gain Perspective
Our Talent Is Our Difference
SEG's unique model enables you to pull from the most strategic thinkers to the most hands-on staff. Our transaction support and integration team has an average of 30 years of experience in due diligence, turnaround/bankruptcy, and SEC and US GAAP technical consultations.
Wayne is representative of the talent that you can rely on for your transaction support and intergration needs.
||Wayne Wetterlund, CPA, has over 30 years of experience in managing SEC Advisory and Transaction Services engagements. Wayne is also a technical expert in a range of accounting, turnaround, bankruptcies, and compliance issues. He has held significant financial management roles including CFO, Controller, Director of Finance, and Treasury positions. Wayne has experience in various industries including retail, manufacturing, Internet, distribution, and bio-tech. He began his public accounting career at Thomas Havey and Company. Wayne holds an MBA from George Washington University.
back to top
SEG has the perspective of working with a number of companies to perform due diligence, SEG and US GAAP technical consultations, valuation support, and tax planning and advice. Here is an example of a representative client success:
SEG was engaged by a chemical company to provide comprehensive support for the company's accounting operations headquarters including transaction processing, general ledger close, consolidation, and financial analysis. SEG drove the preparation of required SEC filings and managed all aspects of the purchase accounting process while analyzing and resolving numerous technical accounting issues related to the transaction in collaboration with the company's management team and external auditors. Our team of 15 consultants also assisted with information system conversion issues and planning activities related to SOX Section 404 compliance.
To learn more, visit out Insight and Perspective page.
back to top