The Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 laid the foundation for a sweeping reform of corporate accounting principles, practices, and corporate governance. Complying with SOX requires public companies to not only certify that they have established systems of internal and disclosure controls, but verify that they’ve tested for effectiveness. The increasing demand for corporate accountability and financial reporting transparency has multiplied the responsibilities of a CFO organization exponentially. SolomonEdwardsGroup’s Corporate Governance services help companies of any size put measures in place to ensure adequate awareness, responsibilities, and disclosures related to business risk, financial reporting, reputation, and compliance matters.
- Risk assessment
- Key control identification and implementation
- Business process documentation and improvement
- Best practices in the developing policies and procedures
- Internal control gap remediation
- Global risk and compliance analysis
- Audit committee effectiveness
- Corporate governance guidelines and documentation
- Whistleblower strategies and investigation procedures
Benefits to You:
- Achieve compliance with changing rules in an evolving regulatory environment
- Awareness and incorporation of the latest best practices in regulatory compliance
- Increased audit committee effectiveness
- Independent oversight and/or advice
- Integrated risk-based approach
- Ability to scale with regulatory or business demands
- Leverage of specific expertise as needed
Meet Talent |
Our Talent Is Our Difference
SEG's unique model enables you to pull from the most strategic thinkers to the most hands-on staff. Our corporate governance team has an average of 20 years of SOX compliance and reviews, risk assessment, and policy and procedure development.
back to top
SOX has changed the world of accounting forever. Many accountants have fond memories of pre-SOX days. Interpretting and complying with the regulations is a challenge for companies, both large and small. SEG has the perspective of working with a number of companies to comply with SOX regulations, assess risk, identify and implement key controls, and establish whistleblower strategies and procedures. Here is an example of a representative client success:
SEG was engaged by a large bakery products company with annual sales in excess of $250 million to assist with both the implementation of a new enterprise reporting system and ongoing SOX compliance activities. The company has partnered with SEG to establish and execute a Sarbanes-Oxley compliance plan encompassing all risk assessment, documentation, internal control testing and reporting aspects of the compliance program. SEG has assisted the company with extensive business process redesign and integration with respect to the company's implementation of SAP. In addition, SEG has assisted the company with various special project initiatives related to accounting operations and discreet forensic accounting and internal audit projects.
To learn more, visit out Insight and Perspective page.
back to top